We're off to a bbq with friends in a few hours, and I'm taking my mother's famous taco dip. Every time I make it people literally lick the plate clean. Here's the recipe:
- 1 Package Cream Cheese at room temperature (you don't need a full one)
- Sour Cream (also with this, you can use left-over if you have it)
- Cheese (Sharp Cheddar or Mexican Mix)
- 2-3 Green Onion or Chives
- Ripe Tomatoes
Bag of Nacho Chips for dipping
Get a pie plate or some other dish deep enough to hold the various layers.
- Depending on the size of the plate, thoroughly mix equal parts Cream Cheese and Sour Cream, perhaps 1/4 cup of each to start--you can do more if want.
- Spread cream mixture over bottom of dish with a spatula. It should completely cover the bottom, and be "thick enough" (you decide, I don't like a lot). Mix more and add if desired. You can make this ahead and put in the fridge covered.
- Add a layer of Salsa
- Chop Green Onions/Chives and sprinkle over salsa. Again, do this to taste in terms of amount.
- Seed and Chop Tomatoes. Spread over other layers.
- Shred Cheese and layer on-top.
- Serve with Nacho Chips